Pediatric intensive care unit in Brandon, Florida
Brandon Regional Hospital offers exceptional care to children who require critical medical attention. Our Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) is a child-friendly environment where pediatric specialists and staff provide 24/7 care to help your child get well.
To learn more about the pediatric intensive care offered at our hospital, please call our Consult-A-Nurse® team at (813) 653-1065.
Specialty PICU services
Our 8-bed PICU, just one part of our comprehensive pediatric services, offers all the specialty equipment and services your child needs to heal, including:
- Pediatric pulmonology services
- Pediatric intensivists dual-boarded in pediatrics and critical care medicine available for continuous communication with the physician and your family
- Pediatric physician specialists
- Pediatric ICU nurses specializing in pediatric critical care medicine, sedation and invasive procedures
- State-of-the-art monitoring capabilities
- A variety of oral, rectal and intravenous medications approved for pediatric sedation
- Child life specialist to help your child feel more comfortable in the hospital environment
- Family-centered services to meet the needs of your child and your family
Specialists in pediatric surgery
Children requiring surgical care are cared for by our expert pediatric surgeons who are experienced on treating pediatric patients. Our specialty physicians offer surgery in the following areas:
- Critical care/intensivists
- General surgery
Specialized pediatric physicians
Brandon Regional Hospital has partnered with All Children's Specialty Physicians to provide 24/7, on-site medical oversight for children in our Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
The physicians at our hospital provide care in over 25 surgical and medical specialties.