Complete pediatric care in Brandon, Florida
We understand that, as a parent, choosing your child's health care is a matter of trust. With compassionate and dedicated pediatricians and a pediatric medical staff, you can entrust your child's care to HCA Florida Brandon Hospital.
To learn more about our imaging services, please call our Consult-A-Nurse® team at (813) 653-1065.
Complete pediatric care
HCA Florida Brandon Hospital offers quality pediatric care staffed with experienced medical professionals and features:
- A pediatric emergency room (ER) with 16 private rooms and dedicated entrance
- 15-bed pediatric inpatient unit
- 8-bed pediatric intensive care unit (PICU)
- Level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
Specialized pediatric services
Our goal is to provide pediatric care you can trust. Our staff includes, dual certified pediatric intensivists (critical care physicians), pediatric surgeons and nurses with extensive experience in pediatric care. We offer a host of services including :
- Pediatric anesthesiology
- Pediatric cardiology
- Pediatric critical care/intensive care
- Pediatric gastroenterology
- Pediatric general surgery
- Pediatric neurology
- Pediatric orthopedics
- Pediatric otolaryngology
- Pediatric pulmonology
Pediatric emergency room
Our 16 room pediatric emergency room is staffed with experts in pediatric emergency care. Our child-friendly ER is designed to make you and your child feel comfortable.
Pediatric intensive care unit (PICU)
As a part of our pediatric care, we offer a specialized intensive care unit to provide critical inpatient treatment for your child.
Neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
Our 22 bed neonatal intensive care unit offers specialized treatment for newborns. Our pediatric experts provide excellent care to help some of our tiniest patients get on the path to a healthy life.
For many diagnostic and invasive procedures, a child's energetic spirit or natural fears about hospitals can interfere with the success of the procedure. Because of this, we offer pediatric sedation services for outpatient diagnostic procedures, such as echocardiograms and electroencephalograms.
- The sedation plan is determined by the pediatric intensive physician.
- The type of medication and care decisions are determined based on your child's age, weight, medical history, the duration of the test and the least invasive way to administer the test.
- We use medicines that generally sedate quickly with few side effects and have a fast recovery.
- Our pediatric sedation service includes highly trained pediatric critical care nurses to care for your child throughout the entire process.
Family-focused pediatric care
Hospitals can be an overwhelming place for children, so we work hard to create a safe, comfortable and family-friendly environment by offering:
- Animal-themed pediatric units to provide familiarity to children, easing their fears.
- A playroom where children can feel safe and at ease while taking a needed break from their treatment schedule.
- Full-time child life specialists who provide therapeutic play and developmentally appropriate activities for children, reducing the stress of hospitalization and providing support to patients and their families.
Visiting our pediatric center
It is important for children to have their family close when they are in the hospital. It helps them feel calm and secure. We have open visiting hours, allowing family members to provide emotional support to the child during their stay.
We can arrange for overnight accommodations for a parent, grandparent or guardian. A courtesy meal is provided to the rooming parent, grandparent or guardian. When staying overnight with the child, we ask that the visitor:
- Be available at the child's mealtime.
- Notify the child's nurse before leaving the unit.
- Be dressed by 8:00am before physicians begin their rounds.
- Keep the door slightly open
What to bring to the hospital
Children often feel more comfortable with things from home,. Consider packing the following:
- Slippers or socks
- Favorite blanket or pillow
- Favorite book or snuggle toy
Secure pediatric unit
Our pediatric units are lock downed ,and all visitors must be granted access by staff on the floor. All HCA Florida Brandon Hospital staff are required to wear identification badges. If you do not see an identification badge, please ask to see one.