HCA Florida Brandon Hospital’s Children’s Emergency Department is designed exclusively for children and families. Our Board-Certified Pediatric Emergency Physicians and specialized pediatric trained nurses are ready to provide state of the art care for acute, chronic and unexpected needs of children of all ages.
If your child is having a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.
Specialized care for newborns to adults, minor to major illness of injury
Located next to the main emergency room, the Children’s Emergency Service features:
- Calm, child centered environment
- Separate Children’s ER entrance and waiting areas
- 16 all private treatment rooms
- Proven child safe techniques, equipment and medicines to minimize pain and painful procedures
- Compassionate and supportive caregivers
- Pediatric radiologists and anesthesiologists
Our board-certified pediatric emergency physicians are onsite from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily. In addition to three years of general pediatrician training, they have three additional years of training in children’s emergency medicine providing them with expertise in treating children who have minor to the most complex medical needs.
For children who need to be admitted, we have a specialized children’s unit and children’s intensive care unit where families are supported by a team dedicated to helping children heal in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Pediatric cardiology
- Pediatric ear, nose and throat (ENT)
- Pediatric endocrinology
- Pediatric gastroenterology
- Pediatric neurology
- Pediatric orthopedics
- Pediatric pulmonology
- Pediatric surgery
- Pediatric infectious disease
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
We are here to assure your safety and well-being while in our facilities. To learn more about our safety measures or if you have questions about COVID-19, call 833-582-1974.