Comprehensive Orthopaedic Services
The Orthopaedic Center at Brandon Regional Hospital offers the latest technology to care for orthopaedic fractures, repair aging or overused joints, and treat arthritis. Our team of specialists includes orthopaedic surgeons with extensive training and knowledge of minimally invasive techniques. Our orthopaedic surgeons are experts in the field of foot and ankle, hip and knee, pediatrics, shoulder and elbow, spine, and trauma.
Orthopaedic Conditions Treated
The goal of our orthopaedic program is to improve mobility, range of motion, and quality of life. Some of the conditions treated at the Orthopaedic Center include:
- Ankle fracture
- ACL injuries
- Back pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Foot and ankle pain
- Hand and wrist pain
- Hip fractures
- Knee pain
- Ligament injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Torn rotator cuff
Joint Replacement Surgery
Whether you have knee pain that keeps you from running, or hip pain that makes it hard to walk, we have solutions for your joint pain. Our goal is to get our patients back on their feet, with less pain, and able to enjoy their daily activities again.
The Orthopaedic Center at Brandon Regional offers:
- Latest minimally invasive joint replacement surgical options, including robotic joint replacement surgery
- Partial Knee Resurfacing—for people who only have arthritis in one compartment of the knee, this surgery only replaces the damaged portion of the knee
- Total Knee Replacement Surgery—this procedure replaces the knee with an artificial joint
- Total Hip Replacement Surgery—this procedure replaces the hip with an artificial joint
- Anterior Approach Hip Replacement Surgery—minimally invasive and muscle sparing approach to hip replacement surgery
- Total Shoulder Replacement Surgery—this procedure treats shoulder arthritis by implanting an artificial joint
Robotic Assisted Joint Replacement Surgery
Robot-assisted joint replacement is designed for those suffering with inflammatory or non-inflammatory degenerative joint disease (DJD).
Robotic Joint Replacement benefits may include:
- More accurate placement of your joint implant using the surgeon-controlled robotic-arm system
- Faster recovery from surgery due to minimally invasive techniques used
- Decreased risk of the implant and bone abnormally rubbing together – this may improve the lifetime of the implant
Robot-assisted joint replacement is designed to achieve a new level of precision using the latest techniques in total joint replacement. If your surgeon determines that you are a good candidate for robot-assisted joint replacement, he or she will schedule a computed tomography (CT) scan of your hip or knee one to two weeks prior to your surgery date. This is used to create your unique surgical plan for optimal implant placement.
Our team of specialist includes orthopaedic surgeons trained to care for the special needs of pediatric patients. We offer personalized, kid friendly pediatric orthopaedic care in our new Pediatric Emergency Room, and our 15 bed Pediatric Center.
Some of the pediatric orthopaedic services include:
- Pediatric orthopaedic trauma surgery
- Pediatric fracture care
- Pediatric sports injury care
- Pediatric joint pain care
Comprehensive Fracture Program
The Comprehensive Fracture Program is based on a multidisciplinary team approach to address the unique medical and social issues facing patients and their families. Each patient in our Comprehensive Fracture Program is managed by a multidisciplinary team including orthopaedic surgeons, anesthesiologists, specialized nurses, case managers and physical and occupational therapists.
Benefits of the Comprehensive Fracture Program include:
- Streamlined admission process to minimize time in emergency room
- Reduced time from injury to surgery (shown to reduce pain and improve outcomes)
- Orthopaedic surgeons dedicated to the treatment of fractures
- Case management and discharge planning
- Certified orthopaedic nurses
- Customized care plan using evidence based care
- Skilled physical therapists
Expert Orthopaedic Surgeons and Nurses
The orthopaedic surgeons on our staff are experts in the field of orthopaedic surgery. They have fellowships and extensive training on the latest technology, including minimally invasive and robotic surgery for orthopaedics.
Our comprehensive approach includes the latest surgical advances offered by our specialty trained physicians and a certified nursing staff specializing in the care of the orthopaedic patient. Every patient receives an individualized exercise plan with a goal of discharge to home.
Awards and Recognition
Brandon Regional Hospital is proud to be recognized for excellence in orthopaedic patient care from the following organizations:
- Joint Commission Certification for Hip and Knee Replacement
- Joint Commission Certification for Hip Fracture
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction Center for Orthopaedics
- Blue Distinction Center Designation for Quality for Knee and Hip Replacement
- UnitedHealth Premium® Total Joint Replacement Specialty Care Program