Register for Childbirth & Parenting Classes.
The Baby Suites team at Brandon Regional Hospital is dedicated to providing you and your family focused attention and compassionate care during childbirth. From routine to high-risk pregnancies, our birthing center is equipped with everything you need for a healthy, optimal birthing experience.
The birth of your child is a uniquely personal experience that brings great joy and creates a lifetime of memories, and we take great pride in being a part of your new beginning.
Your health and the health of your baby are our top priorities. The Baby Suites at Brandon Regional Hospital are proud to have experienced and highly trained staff prepared to take on every delivery scenario.
Baby Suites features
- Private, comfortable rooms for labor, delivery and postpartum care
- Anesthesia providers on staff offering several pain relief alternatives, including continuous epidurals
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) staffed 24/7 with neonatal providers from All Children’s Specialty Physicians
- Childbirth classes and tours
- Dedicated OR suite in the Family Maternity Center for cesarean section procedures
- Family-focused maternity care
While our primary focus is on the well-being of mother and baby, Brandon Regional Hospital’s family-centered approach respects the importance of the event to the entire family.
Advanced safety measures assist the Baby Suites staff in monitoring your newborn baby 24 hours a day. Our maternity center is a secured unit, and each guest receives an identifying wristband or badge. We also place identification bands on the baby, mother and the mother’s support person.
Hands-on education for new parents
During your stay at the Baby Suites, we provide basic education on how to care for your baby and yourself. Our dedicated Family Maternity Center team will teach you:
Preparing for your maternity stay
You may pre-register online at least 48 hours prior to your hospital stay to make check-in more convenient.
We will have all the necessities for your labor and delivery at the Baby Suites. However, you may find some of the following items comforting and/or necessary for your optimal birthing experience.
Your labor bag should include:
- Card and hospital info
- Eyeglasses (try to avoid wearing contacts if you can)
- Hair ties or clips
- Lip balm
- Items for relaxation (including a tennis ball for back pain during labor)
- Camera and/or video camera
- Clothes for labor (slippers, warm socks, robe, etc.)
- Focal point (like a comforting picture)
- Your postpartum bag should include:
- Comfortable clothes (gowns are provided but feel free to bring your own nightgown, nursing bra and underwear)
- Sanitary pads (we provide these, but you may prefer your own)
- Toiletries (mouthwash, toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo)
- Comfortable outfit/shoes to go home in
- Your baby bag should include:
- Optional items (blankets, diapers, pacifiers)
- Outfit to go home in (including socks and a hat)
- Car seat
Do not pack:
- Large sums of cash/credit cards
We look forward to caring for you and your family during this special time.
Airstrip OB™ & Cardiology™
This innovative patient monitoring solution has been installed at Medical Center of Trinity,Brandon and Osceola to allow obstetricians to remotely access vital patient information such as fetal heart rate including maternal contraction patterns in virtual real-time directly from the labor & delivery unit to a physician's smart phone from anywhere a cell phone connection can be received.
As a result of our success with the OB monitoring program, we expanded into the cardiology program which provides physicians immediate access to cardiac monitoring from their smartphone.
Bella Baby Photography
For babies born on or after 8/19/2009 visit our photo gallery.View Photo Gallery
For babies born on or prior to 8/18/2009 visit the web nursery.View the Web Nursery