Visitor Information for Labor, Delivery & Recovery
The Baby Suites at Brandon Regional Hospital strives to provide a safe, nurturing environment for the laboring woman, promote a family-centered birth experience, and provide for the safety and security of the delivered newborn while in the Baby Suites. With this in mind, we ask that you respect the following guidelines.
Our visiting guidelines:
- Up to three designated support persons may be allowed to remain with the laboring woman in the Baby Suites from admission to discharge. Support persons must be at least 14 years of age. There may be exceptions if prearranged.
- A primary support person, identified by the mother upon admission, will be banded with a non-removable wristband. When the initial assessment is completed, routine visitation in the Baby Suites/Antepartum Observation Unit (AOU) will be as follows:
- Visitors 12 years and older are allowed.
- Only two visitors per room (in addition to banded significant other).
- Visitors must show proof of ID (i.e., driver's license) and give this ID to the security guard located in the lobby of the Women's Center.
- Visitors will be given a laminated "Visitor Pass" to wear while visiting.
- Visitor ID's will be returned when the pass is returned to the security guard.
- Siblings of the expectant newborn will be banded with a specialized "Sibling Band" and allowed to visit after delivery and in AOU.
- Visitors may be asked to limit their visits based on mom's condition.
- The privacy and safety of all patients shall be considered when making judgments regarding visitation. The physician or charge nurse may limit visitors. Remember, this is only to help us provide safe, effective care to the mother and infant.
After delivery, at the discretion of the primary nurse, family members will be invited to visit with the new family prior to transfer to the Mother/Baby Suites. No visitors under the age of 12, except siblings of the newborn, are permitted in the Baby Suites.
The family may call the Baby Suites by dialing (813) 916-3301 or by dialing *63301 from the waiting room phone. Baby Suites staff members will transfer calls to individual patient rooms.
Cameras are allowed while the mother is in labor and again after delivery, unless otherwise designated by the attending physician. Videotaping during the delivery is not permitted.
Baby Suites Waiting Room
A Family Waiting Area is available on the first floor of the Women's Center for friends and family waiting to see the new mother and baby.
Siblings of the newborn will only be permitted in the Baby Suites after delivery and stabilization of the mother and infant.
Siblings will be permitted if:
- They are free of infection.
- An adult accompanies them.
- They are not disruptive to the Unit.
The safety of parents and infants is very important. All visitors, including immediate family members, are required to show photo identification and sign in with security prior to being allowed in The Baby Suites and Mother/Baby Suites.
The main gift shop, located near the Women's Tower C elevators offers a selection of gifts, toys, personal items, candy, flowers, plants and magazines. Operated by the Brandon Hospital Auxiliary.
Gift shop hours:
Mon - Sat: 8:30am – 8:00pm
Sun: 10:30am – 4:00pm
Proceeds from the gift shops are returned to the community through scholarships to area youth who are pursuing careers in the medical field and donations to area non-profit organizations.
The Baby Suites at Brandon Regional Hospital is conveniently located in the HEART of Brandon on the corner of Parsons Avenue and Oakfield Drive, just south of Brandon Blvd. To park in the Women's Center garage, please enter off of Oakfield Drive.