Pay, Benefits and working conditions
Detailed information about salary, benefits and amenities will be provided to pharmacy residents by Human Resources.
- Salary: Competitive
- Duration of appointment: One year, beginning on July 1 of the program year.
- Vacation and holiday leave: 10 days of paid time off (PTO) can be taken during rotations throughout the year with prior approval from the rotation preceptor and residency program director. Residents are required to work some holidays.
- Sick and family leave: Sick leave is deducted from PTO. Residents are expected to notify co-workers and their respective preceptor or supervisor as early as possible when illness requires absence.
- Educational and professional leave: Nine days are granted for paid professional leave to attend appropriate continuing education or professional programs, travel to job interviews or visit other residency sites or professional practice locations. Requests for professional leave must be submitted to the residency program director. Residents are expected to attend the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) Midyear Clinical Meeting as well as the Pediatric Pharmacy Advocacy Group (PPAG) Annual Meeting. Financial assistance is provided for travel, meals and lodging expenses for these meetings.
- Health benefits: Residents are eligible for health benefits as full-time pharmacist employees of Brandon Regional Hospital
- Liability insurance: All pharmacy residents are covered under Brandon Regional Hospital’s liability insurance policy. This insurance does not cover any other professional services at facilities outside of Brandon Regional Hospital.
- Office space and resources: Office space for use by pharmacy residents is provided at each site. A laptop is also available for each resident. One lab coat will be provided at no charge to each resident.
- Discounts and amenities: Residents are eligible to receive a wide variety of entertainment, health and other discounts via HCARewards.
- Parking: Pharmacy residents park free in approved locations