June 25, 2020
Brandon Regional Hospital announces a special phone line established to help individuals looking for health coverage options based on their personal situation. The phone number is free and available for people who are actively trying to navigate the complexities of finding insurance coverage. This may include those facing a recent job loss or those who find themselves now uninsured and need help navigating their options.
Experienced patient advisors are available to listen to needs and help callers understand their options at 833-867-8771 from 8 am to 6 pm EST, Monday through Friday. Advisors can discuss eligibility and advocacy services appropriate for a variety of situations such as:
- Continuing your employer's existing plan if you have recently lost your job (COBRA and other options)
- Applying for coverage via a spouse's benefit program
- Resources that may help offset the costs of health insurance
- Medicaid: Government healthcare for those that meet certain criteria
- State and federal health insurance exchanges (such as the Affordable Care Act), and how to enroll due to a changing life event
We are not representing any other company or selling insurance plans. Additionally, this is not a billing a line. The goal is to assist those impacted by the pandemic by providing an information resource.