For security reasons, access to Women's Services is restricted. This includes Labor and Delivery (L&D), Antepartum Unit (AOU), Mother/Baby and the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). NICU visitation will be explained on an as needed basis. For the other Women's Service areas, the following apply:
- No visitors under 12 years of age, except baby's siblings
- Visitors must show proof of identification (ID) - preferably a driver's license and give this ID to the security guard located in The Women's Center lobby
- Visitors will be given a laminated "Visitor Pass" to wear during visiting
- The visitor's ID will be returned when the Visitor Pass is returned to the security guard
- Visitors may be asked to limit their visits based on mom's condition
- Only two visitors allowed in L&D and AOU; four will be allowed on the Mother/Baby unit.
- The pregnant patient's significant other will be given an armband that enables them to visit throughout the patient's stay - this band should not be removed. Special sibling armbands will be given to siblings of the expectant newborn to enable them to visit after delivery and in the AOU.
The safety of parents and infants is very important. All visitors, including immediate family members, are required to show photo identification and sign in with security prior to being allowed in The Baby Suites and Mother/Baby Suites.
The main gift shop, located near the Women's Tower C elevators offers a selection of gifts, toys, personal items, candy, flowers, plants and magazines. Operated by the Brandon Hospital Auxiliary, the gift shop is open as follows:
Mon – Sat: 8:30am – 8:00pm
Sun: 10:30am – 4:00pm
Proceeds from the gift shops are returned to the community through scholarships to area youth who are pursuing careers in the medical field and donations to area non-profit organizations.