Welcome to Brandon Regional Hospital's very own nursing website! This is an exciting place to highlight "Nursing at Brandon" and our desire to be "the place to practice nursing". Many great things are happening at BRH proving we are leaders in providing quality patient care to our community. Just a few highlights:
- Opening of our new 40-bed Neuroscience Unit (30 PCU and 10 ICU) this past January
- Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center
- Chest Pain Accreditation with a dedicated Chest Pain Observation Unit
- Expansion of Oncology Services and seeking American College of Surgeons (ACOS) Oncology Certification
- Expansion of Bariatric Surgery Program and seeking Center of Excellence
- eMAR Desktop (Electronic Medication Administration Record) upgrade for ongoing Patient Safety Initiative
- RN Turnover decreased from 19.6% in 2007 to 17.1% in 2008 - and continues to decrease toward 15% during 2009
- Lower RN Vacancy Rate as we fill our Full-time and Part-time positions and decrease temporary or contract RNs
- Great Hospital Quality Measures (Core Measures)
- Great Focus on National Patient Safety Goals
- Recognition of National Certifications
The vision for "Nursing at Brandon" is simple: Patients first! Do the right thing to assure our patients are getting the best quality patient care and our nurses feel good about the care they provide. We strive to make positive changes and continually challenge the status quo in order to create a positive environment where nurses want to work.
We are committed to a culture of continual learning, mentoring, and inspiration to make BRH the place to practice nursing.
Thank you for all you do for our patients and each other as we focus on building the best nursing team here at BRH!
|Susan Laber, RN, BSN, MHA, CHCQM
Chief Nursing Officer
|Sonya Quintana, RN, BSN, MHA,CCRN
Assistant Chief Nursing Officer