Breast Care at Total Imaging-Parsons
At Breast Care at Total Imaging-Parsons, we understand that creating a positive patient experience is often dependent on compassion and quality. When you visit our center, we will make every effort to make you comfortable, ease your concerns and provide you and your physician with timely and accurate results.
Our amenities include:
- Acquisition of previous mammogram films
- Comfortable robes
- Digital mammography – ideal in detecting breast abnormalities in women under the age of 50 or women with dense breast tissue who are at high risk for breast cancer
- MammoPads, making the mammogram and more comfortable experience
- Breast Care Coordinator which a registered nurse that will offer a comprehensive nursing assessment, schedule appointments and consultations, assist with coordination of providers, provide ongoing education and help in identifying support resources
Benefits of Digital Mammography
Digital mammography offers high quality images with the ability to enhance and manipulate the image for further evaluation. Digital mammography offers benefits to women with dense breast tissue or a family history of breast cancer.
If an abnormality is found in your mammogram, we will reduce the anxiety that is often caused by waiting for the results. Your physician will be contacted immediately with your results to review and discuss them with you. If surgical consultation is needed, breast care surgeons from Brandon Regional Hospital are available to consult with you within 48 hours of receiving the physician referral.
Early Detection Is Key
Early detection and treatment provide the best opportunity for breast cancer survival. We encourage you to be proactive about your breast health through monthly self-exams and yearly mammograms.
- Starting at age 20, monthly self-breast exams
- Starting at age 20, yearly exams by your physician
- At age 40, monthly self-breast exams, exam by your physician and a yearly mammogram
- For high risk women with a strong family history, you may want to consider an MRI in addition to the yearly mammogram
Walk in appointments are welcome or you may call for an appointment at (813) 315-2080.
We are located in the Parsons Medical Center across the street from Brandon Regional Hospital at:
427 S. Parsons Avenue, Suite 100
Brandon, FL 33511