Behavioral Health Center
Brandon Regional Hospital’s behavioral health program is the only inpatient program in Eastern Hillsborough County. Our center consists of 25 dedicated beds for adults, 18years and older, who have behavioral health symptoms that are interfering with their daily lives. We offer a multidisciplinary approach where compassionate care is delivered in a private and spacious environment.
The Behavioral Health Center focuses on diagnosis, intervention and stabilization - utilizing specialized care in a dedicated setting, while having full access to the exceptional medical care of Brandon Regional Hospital.
A Healing Environment
Our 25 bed unit is located in its own discreet area to assure privacy, confidentiality and comfort. We emphasize the importance of instilling hope with:
- Group and individual psychotherapy
- Medication assessment
- Psycho-educational groups
- Family support/education group
- Interventions designed to guide the mind, body and spirit to recovery
Comprehensive Patient Assessment
The patient assessment at the center includes:
- Complete medical assessment
- Nursing assessment
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Psychosocial evaluation
- Functional assessment
Checking Into The Behavioral Health Center
If you are in a situation where you feel additional help is required, The Behavioral Health Center at Brandon Regional Hospital may be able to help. You or your physician can call (813) 653-1065 and the following will occur:
- A health care professional will take your information and speak with our psychiatrist
- Our psychiatrist may want you to have an outpatient assessment by one of our intake staff or may recommend immediate admission into The Center
Patterns Signaling the Need for Help
If you know someone who is not eating, sleeping excessively or very little, has lost interest in previously enjoyed activities, or has become isolated, please call The Behavior Health Center. We are available 24 hours a day/7 days a week to assist with your behavioral health needs.
Other indicators may include:
- Major change in personality, such as anger, anxiety or hopelessness
- Disruptions in daily activities, such as inability to socialize, work, or perform daily chores
- Hallucinations or paranoid delusions that disrupt functioning
- Inability to adjust or recover from loss or life’s changes such as loss of relationship or job
To provide our patients with quality care through innovation, education and compassionate care.
As a compassionate community hospital, we will be the destination of exceptional care by exceptional people.
Brandon Regional Hospital is dedicated to providing quality, relationship-based care that promotes healing through: